MOV file is used for storing multimedia files. It is basically a file extension that is used by QuickTime media player. This media software is available for both Mac and Windows computer which make use of .mov file format for saving movies and other video files. The videos created with this format will have high quality and is the most preferred file format for transferring video files. That is why most of the available movies and videos that are present online are in .mov format.
Consider a scenario, where your favorite video is unplayable because you are making use of incompatible media player which suddenly make the video file freeze and you got annoyed since it was one of the important video. This is very common situation that your MOV file getting corrupted when you are playing it. There are numerous reasons responsible for MOV file corruption. Let’s understand few common situations in which MOV file is likely to corrupt:
- Transfer Errors– While transferring MOV video files from your camera to computer system then MOV file is damaged because of sudden power outage or improper termination while transferring of video files. Moreover, it can corrupt the file structure in future.
- Video files can get corrupted due to faulty freeware application- Using unreliable application for converting or compressing MOV file can severely damage the file
- Incompatible Media Player- If you try playing MOV file on an incompatible media player, then MOV file might get corrupted and it becomes unplayable
- Changing file format of MOV file- Frequently changing the file format for the purpose of converting is likely to damage the MOV file
- Storage Devices– Another aspect which result in corruption of MOV files is bad sectors that are present on storage devices such as external hard drive
If you come across similar situation then you can make use of repairing software that will easily fix the problem of corrupt MOV file. One such utility that is equipped with advanced mechanism which will help quickly in repairing unplayable MOV file is Remo Repair MOV.
Repairing Unplayable MOV file using Remo Repair MOV:
Remo Repair MOV software repairs unplayable MOV / MP4 video files. It works on Windows as well as Mac platforms. It securely repairs your unplayable MOV file which has been corrupted while recording video file on your cameras, smartphones, and camcorders of any brand.
The software will repair .mov file by extracting the data from MOV file, then it will split the audio and video streams separately. After that, it will repair those streams individually and then finally joins them together. It will safely repair unplayable MOV / MP4 files by keeping the original MOV file intact as it generates a new healthy playable MOV file.
Sometimes MOV file is corrupted because of codec issues that further lead to improper synchronization of MOV files thus making the MOV file unplayable. Sometimes, there are chances that, you may get an error while trying to play a video on Mac QuickTime player, which states that Quick Time error 2048 couldn’t open the file. This indicates that MOV file is corrupt. With the ease of user interface Remo Repair assists to fix all such type of issues which are related to MOV files.
In addition to this, the software is compatible with Windows operating system which includes Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. Server edition includes Windows 2003 server and Windows 2008 server. Apart from this, Mac operating system includes Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite.
Remo Repair supports large number of camcorder brands wherein you have recorded MOV files includes Canon, Casio, Nikon, Panasonic, Sony, Olympus, Samsung, iPhone etc. For more information visit the link www.remosoftware.com/repair-unplayable-mov-file
Additional Features of Remo Repair MOV
- Securely fixes all issues related to MOV / MP4 files with ease
- Easily repairs videos that are recorded on iPhones and GoPro cameras
- Demo version: It will repair all corrupt files with the provision of viewing the repaired files
- Full version: It will completely repair the files and allow the user to save them appropriately
- Preview option provides preview of full video files before saving it
The codec supported by this tool are mentioned below:
- Video codecs: – mjpeg, mp4v, avc 1
- Audio codecs:- mp4a, RAW, sowt
Precautionary Steps that should be taken in future
- Do not abruptly pull out memory card from camera / camcorder during MOV file transfer process
- Make use of authorized third party tool to convert MOV file to another format
- Avoid frequent conversion of MOV file