Files downloaded from the internet are normally saved in the Downloads folder. You can change the destination location and save your files on the desktop for easier and quicker access.
Once you log on to your system, the files you saved onto a folder is the first thing you see. Instead of searching for downloaded files among several folders in the Downloads folder, you can better organize it amongst the few folders on your Desktop.
There are times however, you may not be able to access these files. You have selected the destination as Desktop and downloaded some files, but when you search the Desktop for these files, they are nowhere to be found. So, what happened to them? Did they disappear?
Well, let’s look at possible solutions to ensure you can access these “lost” files again on your Desktop.
- Change your View Setting
It could be possible that the files are hidden by the system. Follow the below steps to show these files again
- Right-click your mouse on the desktop and click View.
- Select Show Desktop Icons.
- Click Refresh. Now check if you can see your downloaded files.
- Find the location of downloaded files
- Click This PC – > C Drive.
- Now click Users -> Owner.
- Select Downloads folder and find all your downloaded files.
- Find files using Remo Recover Software
To find all your lost files seamlessly, Remo Recover software is the best choice. The data recovery tool thoroughly scans the entire drive to locate the lost files and safely restore them to a destination folder of your choice.
- Download and install the latest version of Remo Recover software.
- On the home screen, select Recover Files
- Next select Recover Lost Files.
- Now select the drive where you lost files and click Next. It is usually C drive.
- The software scans the drive and shows you a list of recovered files through Preview
- You can save these files to a destination folder of your choice using Save
The data recovery tool restores data from all kinds of hard drives, external hard drives, USB drives, memory cards, FireWire drives and so on.
File systems supported by this file recovery tool include FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, and ExFAT. If the file type you want to retrieve isn’t showing up in the recovered files list, you can always add a file type using the RAW signature search option.
You can restore downloads folder without any hassles with Remo Recover software. The software also restores data from lost, deleted, formatted and re-formatted drives or partitions as well.