Microsoft Outlook is easily one of the best email clients, which does more than just send or receive emails. It is also used to perform tasks, take down notes, maintain calendar, journals and so on.
Like any other application or product, errors do exist in Outlook making the file inaccessible.
One such error is the 0x80070021 error. It occurs when you try to copy or backup your PST file to another location.
The error message reads: “The process cannot access the file because another process has blocked a portion of the file”.
One of the causes of this problem might be Outlook or any software that uses some features of Outlook is running in the background. Applications like Skype, Google Calendar Sync, Microsoft Office Communicator could be the culprits.
How to fix Outlook 0x80070021 error?
- Task Manager
- Press Ctrl + Alt +Delete to open Task Manager.
- Under Processes tab, look for applications such as Outlook.exe or other applications using Outlook features.
- Right-click on the process and select End process.
- Restore Point
- Log into your system as an Administrator.
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- Now select “Restore my computer to an earlier time”
- Under the option, “On this list, click a restore point”, select the latest system restore option and click Next.
- Click Next on confirmation window.
- Restart the system when restoration process is complete.
- Using Remo Repair Outlook
- Download and install the latest version of Remo Repair Outlook software on your system.
- On the home screen, select the option “Find PST file” to select your corrupt PST file.
- Now select Normal Scan. Select a destination path where you want to save the folder by clicking on Browse. Click Next.
- Click on Repair to start the repair process.
- Once the repair process is complete, you can view the repaired files through Preview
- You can then view all the repaired files in your destination folder.
One of the best things about Remo Repair Outlook is the fact that you can repair password protected, oversized as well as compressed PST files.
The PST repair software works on all versions of Outlook and all versions of Windows, Mac Operating systems.
Few users have also complained about losing folders on their Outlook application. These folders could contain important information and it is critical to restoring them as soon as possible.
If you are wondering how to find lost Outlook folder, Remo Repair Outlook software can provide the solution for you.