I recently upgraded my Android to Marshmallow. The update gave me an option to format my SD card to use it as internal memory. So I continued with the process. Everything was fine until some apps started shutting down and my phone turned off. Now it says I have a damaged SD card and formatting stops at a particular % with the following error message ‘Command 7 Volume partition disk failed with Null’.
‘Volume partition disk failed with Null’ is a common error many users have reported after upgrading their Android to Marshmallow. To work around this problem, as a first step retrieve data from your SD card.
Normally when you encounter error messages, data on the card become inaccessible. In order to access data, you will need professional data recovery tools. Remo Recover is a great tool to recover data in such situations when your card is inaccessible. It can also be used with corrupt memory cards. The guide explains in detail how to fix corrupted SD cards. The software can recover photos, videos, audio and many other kinds of files.
How does Remo Recover work?
It uses powerful algorithms to scan your drive sector by sector and retrieve data. You don’t have to worry about data loss to software, as it works on a read-only mechanism. So, your original data is not altered during the recovery process.
More on Remo Recover
- Supports various file formats such as PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF and RAW images as well
- Audio and video files like MOV, MP4, AVI, MP3, etc. are supported
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 2003 up to the latest Windows 10
- A variant of the software called Remo Recover Mac is available for Mac users
- The software can also be used in cases where SD card shows empty.
Steps to recover data from SD cards
It is a simple to use software and data recovery can be performed in a few steps. To start with, download and install the software on your system.
From the main screen, select Recover Photos and then select Recover Lost photos. Then choose your SD card from the list of available drives and proceed with the scanning process. Once scanning is complete, you can view the files using Preview feature. Then save the files to the desired location.
Once you have successfully recovered data, you can go ahead and follow the next step to fix your SD card with error ‘Volume partition disk failed with Null’.
Format SD card on your system
To format your SD card on the system, please follow the steps here.
- Connect your SD card to the system
- Open Start menu and look for File Explorer
- In File Explorer, find your SD card
- Right-click on the SD card and click on Format
- The Format window will now appear, choose a file system
- In the Volume label, assign a name to your formatted drive
- Click on the Start button
- A warning will appear notifying that the contents will be erased. If you’ve recovered your data from SD card, you’re safe to say Ok to continue with formatting
- Your drive should be formatted now