Even though technology has evolved and internet connections are faster and reliable, the video files are still large when compared to audio files or image files. Large files can be the cause of slow upload/download speeds. Because of this, compression is an important part of distributing your videos over the internet. This post shows you three useful ways to reduce video size without losing quality.
The three common ways to reduce video file size which we are going to discuss are: change video frame rate, resolution, and bitrate; cut unnecessary video clips and convert it to a flash video file. Look to these tools as follows that will help you easily compress the video file to a smaller size.
Method #1: Using Video Converter Studio to compress video file size
The Video Converter Studio Program is not only a converter program but also a file size compressor that can reduce the file to a specific size with a fast compression speed. And the quality will have remained similar to the source video file. Before we can proceed with it to compress video file size, you’ll have to download and install it to our PC at first and then let’s see the detailed steps.
- First of all, open the program and click “Add files” button to import video files that you wish to compress
- Click on “Size” button and a pop-up will show immediately to allow you limit the output file size
- Now enter a specific file size that you prefer between the range and then click “OK”
- Drop down “Profile” bar and choose the format that is accepted by your device
- Click “Convert” button to start to reduce video file size
The bitrate, frame rate and resolution of the video are preconfigured well once you type in a file size in the “Limit the output file” window. No need to change them. This method is quite convenient and simple for common people who are not computer savvy.
Method #2: Convert video to flash file format
Flash files like FLV, ASF, and SWF are famous for its small volume and fast delivery over the Internet. Converting big files to file type, for example, FLV format will obviously decrease the file size, making big videos more appropriate for uploading and transporting. The recommended application to convert files with large size is Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter. Within three steps we can handle a basic file conversion at a high speed. After you log into the website, go to start a video conversion with below guide to compress video file size.
- Click “Browse” button to import the video you wish to compress.
- Select “FLV” as the output format.
- Hit “Convert” button to make the conversion.
If you are considering putting the compressed file to portable devices for video enjoyment, you are not suggested to adopt this method because FLV format is not friendly with them unless you install Adobe flash player or some similar players on the devices.
Recommended: For unreadable video files, make use of Remo Video Repair Tool and resolve the issue.
Method #3: Compress video using Handbrake
Though Handbrake is known to people as a good-to-use video transcoder, it also can be used as a file size reducer. After you fully install it on your Windows machine, refer to below steps to shrink video file size.
- Click “Source > Open File” to add the video file you want to compress on the interface
- In “Destination” section, press “Browse” button to select a path for saving the compressed file and provide a name for it
- In the “Output Settings” section, choose “MP4” as the Container format and enable “Web Optimized”
- Go to “Video” tab, select H.264 (x264) as the video codec and click “Start” button after all settings above are done
- Compared with other two methods, Handbrake is a little bit harder to understand and use. And we cannot predict what the compressed file size is going to be. All the parameters are self-set so that the video quality is unpredictable
These are some of the helpful solutions for reducing the video file size without sacrificing the video quality. Hope anyone of the above methods will resolve your issue!
There are chances that while compressing or reducing the video file size, your video may get damaged. If so, then you can make use of reliable video repair tool to repair videos when you have AVI, MP4 file formats. You can also fix damaged MOV video file using the software.