It is always a good practice to backup your system. This will save you a lot of trouble in the event of a hard drive crash or any unfortunate event. System Image feature is a wonderful tool to create a backup of your system – all data and applications.
If you have created a system image of your hard disk, retrieving data from it is a fairly simple task. It is also important to consider that in order for your backup to be useful, you will have to create it regularly. The more recent the backup, the more useful it is for you.
How to create a system image in Windows 10?
A system image means a backup file. To create a system image, follow the steps here.
- Go to settings in the Start menu
- Select Update & Security and in the backup section, go to Backup & Restore
- On the left, select ‘Create a system image’
- Select a destination where you would like to store your system image. For example an external hard drive
- In the next step, click on Start backup and your backup will be created
Using System Image Recovery to recover files
You can use the system image created in the previous step to recover files when you need them. To restore a system image, you need to boot from the recovery environment.
To do this, Go to Start menu > Settings > Update & Security. In the Recovery section, click on Restart Now under Advanced startup. Now, connect your external hard drive with the system image. When the system restarts, ‘Choose an option’ screen is displayed.
- Click on Troubleshoot and then choose Advanced Options
- Select System Image Recovery and the OS that you wish to recover
- When you click on Windows 10, you will see Re-image your computer screen. The tool will locate your hard drive and you can click on Next. System Image will format and repartition your hard disk. If you have partitions or other devices that you would exclude, select Exclude Disks and hit Next
- In the next step, confirm your choice. Your system image will then be restored. This operation may take several hours. Once the process is complete, you will be prompted to restart your system.
Now, if you have created a system image backup and this method works for you, all is good! However, if you have not created a backup or the backup you’ve created is too old, this method will not work for you. In such situations, you need to rely on professional data recovery solutions to get back all your data.
About Remo Recover
- Remo Recover is a great tool to recover data after an OS re-install or upgrade. Sometimes there may be situations in which you reinstall OS when your computer freezes frequently or slows down considerably. In such situations, there may be a loss of data after such re-installs. Remo Recover can be used in such situations. Detailed steps for data recovery after re-installing Windows 10 is explained in this article.
- The tool can also be used to recover data from formatted hard drives. If you’re wondering is it possible to recover data after Windows 10 reset, yes it is possible.
- Recovery of images, videos, audio, documents and other formats are possible with this software.
- In addition to recovering files from your system, it supports recovery from USB’s, external hard drives and other storage devices.