Sometimes your Outlook may not open properly in Windows 10 and you may encounter errors such as ‘Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\Users\Your profile\Documents\Outlook Files\Your name.pst cannot be opened’.
The reasons for Outlook, not opening and steps to troubleshoot are explained in this article.
- Start Outlook and disable add-ins
Add-ins can interfere with the normal functioning of Outlook. Opening Outlook in Safe mode without add-ins loaded can tell you if the add-in is the problem.
- Choose Start > Run. Type Outlook/Safe and click Ok
- In the Choose Profiles, accept the default setting of Outlook
If Outlook opens normally, then the problem is with your add-ins. To disable add-ins,
- Choose File > Options > Add-ins
- Make sure the Manage box shows COM Add-ins and click Go
- Clear all the checkboxes and confirm your choice
- Then close and restart Outlook
- Repair Outlook data files
Outlook stores all your emails, contacts, calendars and all data in data files. These files might get corrupted at times. You can use the Scanpst tool to scan your files and fix errors.
- Double click on Scanpst to run the tool
- Then select the corrupt PST file
- The software scans your file and identifies errors
- Click on Repair and after the repair process, a confirmation message is displayed
You may have to run the tool a couple of times to repair your file.
- Remo Repair Outlook (PST)
If the manual method does not work, you will need to use the professional third-party software. Remo Repair Outlook is designed to repair your corrupt or damaged PST files. It restores all attributes like emails, contacts, calendars etc securely. The tool uses a non-destructive mechanism; it extracts contents from the file, fixes issues and creates healthy files. So, your original file is not damaged.
It works in cases when your Outlook is not responding; PST file is not opening or to resolve error messages while accessing Outlook. Using the software, you can also recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook 2016.
How to repair PST file using Remo Repair Outlook (PST)
It is a simple to use tool to repair PST files.
- Download and install Remo Repair Outlook (PST) on your system.
- Launch the software and select the PST file. You can also let the tool select it automatically.
- Select a scanning process and then click on repair to fix your PST file.
- Preview recovered items and save the required files.