Recycle Bin is a collector of deleted files on Windows. When files get deleted from your Windows, they are moved to Recycle Bin and stays until you empty Recycle Bin. But, sometimes you will not find Recycle Bin on your Windows and in some cases, you may fail to open Recycle Bin. What can be done in such situations?
Solutions for Cannot Find or Open Recycle Bin Issue: –
Methods to Find Recycle Bin:
- Select Blank space on your desktop and right-click on it
- Keep your mouse over View and select Show desktop icons
After doing this, go and check whether Recycle Bin icon has appeared or not. If not, move to the next step.
- Go to start and then select Settings
- And, then navigate to Personalization -> Themes -> Desktop icon settings
- In Desktop Icon Settings, select Recycle Bin checkbox and then hit OK
Fixes for Can’t Open Recycle Bin Problem-
It is easy to find Recycle Bin if it is missing from your desktop. But, what if you won’t able to open Recycle Bin. Yes, it happens! The reason behind not opening Recycle Bin is corruption. So, to make it accessible again follow the below technique: –
- Open Command Prompt from administrator account
- Then, type the following command – rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin
- After, hit Enter
- Then, close the command prompt
Now, go to your Recycle Bin and try to open it. The above command helps to reset the $Recycle.bin folder. But, the problem is you will lose all the files stored in your Recycle Bin after running this command. In any case, you want to restore any file from emptied Recycle Bin, then use Remo Recover Windows tool.