You might have seen the error message stating that “operation failed” while working in Outlook. This happens due to Outlook profile corruption. By deleting current Outlook profile and creating a new one, you can tackle this issue. For deleting Outlook profile navigate to Control Panel-> Mail->Show Profiles->Select Profile->Click Delete. Once you delete the Profile, create a new one.
Here are the steps to create a new Outlook Profile:
- Go to Control Panel and Select Small Icons under View By
- Now, click on Mail
- It will open Mail Setup-Outlook window. Here, click on Show Profiles
- Next, hit ADD button and enter name for profile
- When Add New Email Account window appears, enter name, email address, password and hit Next button
- Or else click on Cancel button, if you want to create a profile without adding email account
- In the Mail window, select Prompt for a profile to be used, if you are using secondary Outlook profile
- If this is the only Outlook profile, then select Always use this profile radio button
- Finally, click on Ok button
After creating new Outlook Profile, the next step is to import existing Outlook Data file into the Outlook profile.
Import Outlook PST File:
Microsoft Outlook itself has Import and Export feature using which you can easily import the exported Outlook data File.
- Open Outlook, click on File tab
- Next, select Open and Export and then choose Outlook Data File
- From the next window, you have to pick Import from Another Program or File and hit Next button
- Select Outlook Data File option and click on next button
- Click on Browse button and select exported PST file and click Next
- Finally, hit Finish button
Upon restarting Outlook, you will see all the emails, contacts, journals and other Outlook attributes of your previous Outlook Profile. What if your PST file itself gets corrupted? Well! Remo Outlook PST Repair tool helps you out in this matter. The software easily fixes PST file that is corrupted and renders you a healthy file, which you can import into newly created Outlook Profile.