To filter incoming mails according to a keyword/phrase, Outlook Rules and Alerts comes handy. Sometimes, when you upgrade Outlook, you would notice your Outlook rules and alerts to be missing. Rules and Alerts can also go missing when PST file gets corrupted. When you accidentally run Clear Rules, Rules gets deleted. So here we tell you some of the reasons for losing Outlook Rules and Alerts and possible ways to recover them. Read on….
Few Causes for Losing Outlook Rules and Alerts –
- While deleting unwanted emails, you might accidentally delete created rules
- Improperly upgrading Outlook leads to deletion of Outlook rules
- Errors during PST file compression corrupts PST and may lead to deletion of Outlook rules and alerts
- When PST file exceeds the file size limit, there are chances of Outlook rules getting deleted
- System issues like hardware failures, bad sectors, etc., can also make PST file inaccessible resulting in data loss
So when PST file is corrupted and your Outlook rules and alerts are missing, the next step is to recover them. But how to safely restore deleted or missing Outlook Rules and Alerts? Here is the lay down for it.
Method 1: Using ScanPST.exe
This is a simple way to repair corrupt PST and recover Outlook attributes. You just have to locate Scanpst on your system based on the version, and then run it. Follow the steps –
- Exit Outlook application
- Locate Scanpst on your system
- Once you find SCANPST, double click on it
- Browse for the PST file which needs to be repaired
- Now click on Start to begin the repair process
- When the repair process is finished, launch Outlook
- Now create a new PST file
- From the Lost and Found folder, drag the recovered items to the new PST file
This is an easy method to fix corrupt PST file. But when there are major issues with PST file like run time error, corrupt header, and so on, Scanpst is not a good option. So you need to find another method to fix the issue other than the manual method.
Method 2: Outlook PST Repair Tool
You need an Outlook PST Repair software to fix the corrupt PST file and recover Outlook rules and alerts. For this purpose, Remo PST Repair tool is the right choice. This Outlook Repair application will fix damaged or corrupt PST file safely and recover deleted Outlook items folder or lost items with ease. It is designed with simple GUI so that even a new user can install and run the tool easily.
Remo Outlook PST Repair tool supports Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, and so on. Furthermore, it works on read-only mechanism due to which the original corrupt PST file is left intact, and no further modification is done to it. So, although Scanpst is helpful in certain corruption scenarios when you want to efficiently fix PST file and recover its items, a professional Outlook Repair tool is the one to look out for.