In Microsoft Outlook application, while moving emails, you may receive a number of unknown errors such as:
Error message 1:
An unknown error has occurred. 0x80040600
Error message 2:
An unknown error has occurred. 0x80040119
Error message 3:
Unknown Error 0x800cce05, etc.
Such errors may occur due to Outlook PST file corruption. There are a number of reasons behind Outlook Data File Damage, such as:
- Mistakes during MS Outlook up gradation
- Due to improper Outlook termination
- Errors during OS installation or reinstallation
- Virus or malware attack on PST file
- PST file header corruption
- Regularly sharing over network may damage the file
This problem can be fixed easily by using the following methods:
Step 1: Find the default PST file that is using the Outlook profile
- Go to Control Panel and open the Mail
- Select Show Profiles. Pick the Outlook profile that experiences the problem and then hit Properties.
- Then click Data files.
- Then make a note of the default *.pst file location. The name of the default *.pst file has a black circle with a check mark.
Step 2: Launch the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool /SCANPST.exe tool to repair the damaged Outlook data file
- Exit Outlook.
- Open the SCANPST.exe tool (Outlook Inbox Repair Tool)
- In the Enter the name of the file you want to scan box, just type the location of your PST file.
- Then hit Start.
If the above method didn’t help you then you can download Remo Repair PST software. This software helps you to repair the damaged PST file and also lets you recover deleted draft emails in Outlook. Let us see how it works:
- Download and install Remo Repair PST software
- Launch the software and browse PST file using “Open PST File” or “Find PST File” or “Select Outlook Profile” options
- Hit on “Browse” option to select preferred memory location to save your recovered file and hit “Repair” button
- Once the repair process is completed, you can “Preview” items that have been retrieved