If you have a RAR file on your Windows or you got an email with RAR file attached, and you are not able to open it, then this article will help clear up your issue – Windows cannot open RAR file.
Sometimes, even if you know how to open RAR archive on Windows, you may find little difficult to open it. Opening RAR files will be easy on Windows if you use a free tool called 7-Zip. Follow these steps to open RAR files…
- Right-click the RAR file to be opened
- Select 7-Zip and choose Extract files
- In the pop-up box that shows up, choose the folder where you’d like to extract the compressed files and click “OK”
That is how you open RAR files on Windows for free. Did you find this useful? Or still facing Windows cannot open RAR file problem? If yes, then there are chances of RAR file corruption and you need to fix it through a professional repair tool called Hi5 RAR File Repair Software.
Here is the procedure to be followed to solve Windows cannot open RAR file issue with the guidance of Hi5 RAR File Repair Application.
Download and get the Hi5 RAR File Repair Software installed on your Windows system. Then with the help of “Browse” option, select corrupted RAR file. Select “Repair” button to fix selected RAR file. Software starts scanning and repairing process. Once the repair process is completed, you can view repaired RAR file using “Preview” option. Save repaired RAR file successfully on any desired location by clicking on “Save” option. Like this you can easily resolve the problem of RAR file not opening on Windows.
One thing you need to keep in mind is that Hi5 RAR File Repair Toolkit is available as free trial version also. At first, you can try out with this for fixing RAR files. And up on satisfying with the results, the licensed version can be purchased.
What are the reasons for RAR file corruption?
- Header file damage
- Virus infection on Windows system
- CRC errors
- Improper method to compress a RAR file
- Disruptions during file transfer, and many more
Features of Hi5 RAR File Repair Program
Hi5 RAR File Repair Toolkit is the most desired software that is available to repair corrupted RAR file which got corrupted due to above causes and other unknown reasons, thereby solving the problem of Windows cannot open RAR file. It smoothly fixes .rar archive and hence helps you to recover contents present on it. Some of the well-known features of this software are as follows:
- It will assists you in repairing even large sized RAR file and also password protected RAR archive
- This application allows you to preview the fixed files before saving them in a location that you prefer
- It is 100% safe and secure software to fix RAR files which does not alter any content during RAR repair process
- Easily supports all versions of RAR files as well as all the versions of Windows OS including Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, Vista, 2008, 2003 etc. in order to repair damaged RAR files
- Designed with easy interface and completes the process of repairing RAR file within few minutes
To avoid RAR file damage in future, you need to follow some tips. Never forgot to backup regularly all you important RAR files. And remember to use the right tool for compressing the file and use updated antivirus app on your computer.