If the data on a dead PC hard drive is still safe from being over written, you can definitely recover data from it. So, it is always recommended to stop using the drive once you suspect that the PC hard drive is dead. This guide is to introduce you a perfect solution that helps in retrieving data from a dead hard drive of a PC.
Well, the very first thing you need to do is to remove the failed or dead hard drive from the sick PC and hook it up to another PC as a secondary drive. The easiest way to do this is via a USB cable. If the hard drive is showing up and reveals its data on a healthy computer, then it’s well and good. If not, then you are at that moment in life where you make out that how much your hard work as well as memories mean to you. But don’t worry! The data from dead hard drive is recoverable with the help of reliable recovery software called Hi5 Software to Recover Partition.
Significant Features of Hi5 Application to Restore Partition
Hi5 Utility to Retrieve Partition helps you to recover data from hard drive of a dead PC efficiently. This tool is capable of restoring files of various types such as documents, media files (images, audios, videos, songs, movies, etc), compressed files, application files, presentation files, system files and other file types from dead hard drive. Apart from PC hard drive, you can retrieve data from dead external hard drives, USB drives, memory cards, and other storage drives after any issues. Further, this utility enables you to get back data from computer after any sort of simple or complex data loss incidents like
- When data is permanently deleted using SHIFT + DELETE keys
- When the hard drive is corrupted due to file system damage and you are unable to access data from it
- If the hard drive has been accumulated with numerous bad sectors and becomes inaccessible
- If the entire drive has been formatted accidentally and data has lost
- When partition becomes RAW
- If the files have been bypassed from Recycle Bin folder or emptied from Recycle Bin, etc
Meanwhile, the wizard supports recovering of data from a dead hard drive which has been formatted with any Windows supported file system like FAT16, FAT32, ExFAT, NTFS and NTFS5. What’s more, this program has its support extended to various interfaces of hard drives like SATA, SCSI, IDE and many others. It allows users to store restored files in a compressed zip way so that it takes minimum hard disk space. And, the user interface provided in this toolkit has been made so easy to use so that a user doesn’t require any technical knowledge to operate it. The tool will even perform data recovery from hard drive of a dead PC or laptop running with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012 OS.
Easy Installation Procedure of Hi5 Software to Recover Partition
- Preparations to be done: Download and install Hi5 application on a healthy Windows computer, and attach the dead hard drive to it.
- Run the software after installing it
- Choose “Recover Drives” from the main screen
- Now, select “Partition Recovery” option
- Select your hard drive and then click on Next button
- The application will start the recovery process
- On completion of scanning process, the recovered files are listed on the basis of “File Type View” and “Data View”
- Preview them and save them on desired location