SATA hard drives are the most commonly seen in laptops, notebooks and desktop computers. With higher data transformation, reliability and much simpler structure, SATA hard drive is regarded as a popular trend of the computer hard drives and other embedded applications.
However like other HDD, SATA is also prone to data loss problems. You may encounter some data loss issues after accidentally formatting the drive or mistakenly shift deleting useful data. Need to find out, how to get back data from SATA drive? Read this article to know more….
Most of the time, you may get a question, how data recovery is possible or what is the concept behind data recovery? Here is the answer; any data stored in hard drive has its address location recorded in File Allocation Table of memory space. Thus when data is formatted or deleted from SATA hard drive, only the address location recorded in the file allocation table is erased making the data hidden. This indicates free space in memory area of hard drive. This hidden data can be recovered with ease by making use of reliable data recovery software like Remo Recover software which performs SATA hard drive recovery within few simple mouse clicks.
Remo Recover Software to restore data from SATA hard drive
Remo Recover is a precise tool to restore data that is deleted, lost or corrupted from SATA hard drive. The tool scans the entire SATA hard drive within few minutes. Also the software supports to recover data from SATA drive irrespective of file system like FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, exFAT, HFS+ and HFSX. Besides, the tool is compatible on all latest versions of Windows OS including Windows 10 and Mac OS including Yosemite.
Moreover, this utility is capable enough of skipping bad sectors present on SATA hard drive by creating Disk images. Later, you can use this image to restore data from it. The software identifies and recovers over 300 types of file format such as documents, spreadsheets, Zip archives and other file format based on their unique signature.
Some other features of Remo Recover Software:
- Supports recovery of data even when the hard drive has crashed or does not boot
- You can sort recovered data on the basis of file name, creation date, size and type
- Supports recovery of data from SCSI, IDE hard drives, SD, XD, MMC flash memory cards, iPods external USB drives, FireWire Drives etc.
- With the help of an option “Find”, user can locate retrieved files from large list of data
- An option called “Preview” permits users to view rescued data in advance before saving them on particular location
- You can save recovered data on any accessible storage device like hard drive, memory cards, USB flash drives and many more
- You can create compressed Zip archives for the recovered files and folders, in order to save the disk space
Supported Hard Drive Brands: Hitachi, Samsung, Western Digital, Seagate, Fujitsu, Toshiba, LaCie, Buffalo, Transcend and many more.
Apart from above mentioned scenarios, there are still other cases where you might lose data from SATA hard drive. Some of them are as below:
- Due to Formatting Errors: At the times, when you try to access SATA HDD, you might get some error message to format the drive. Unless you format, you cannot access the drive. But, once you click on format option, it results in loss of entire data present on SATA HDD
- Improper Partitioning: While creating partitions on SATA hard drive, if you follow improper method or if something goes wrong then SATA hard drive may become inaccessible or data stored in the drive may be lost or deleted
- Boot Sector Error: Occurrence of any error or undesirable modifications made to this section may result in hard drive corruption which in turn results in data loss
- Other Reasons: Reformatting, interruptions while transferring data, accidental deletion of files, file system corruption, etc
However, if you have backup of data, then no need to worry about data loss else you can restore entire data from SATA HDD by making use of Remo Recover application. Whatever might be the reason behind loss of data; this tool helps to perform data recovery with ease.
Things to be remembered
- Do keep an additional copy of important files and folders to deal with sudden data loss problems
- Be careful while performing operations like formatting and reformatting on SATA HDD